Asian guys are just like other guys in that they come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities. American media will try to stereotype us as either geeks or comedians or martial artists, but Asians guys are so diverse and multifaceted. It’s very apparent if you watch movies or TV shows from Asia. They can be rebels, funny, romantic, intelligent, mysterious, sensitive, thoughtful, and so much more.
Despite the diversity, I think that there are some common positive traits that Asian guys tend to have due to common cultural influences and upbringing. Especially since Asian countries tend to focus on community and familial thinking, many of these traits deal with maintaining harmony in relationships. What that means for the ladies is that Asian guys are good at getting along and they aren’t as self-centered as some American guys. Here are 5 traits that most Asian men I know exhibit.
1. Hardworking – Asians men are raised with a strong work ethic because many immigrant parents realize that the only way to compete in a foreign country is to work your yellow ass off! You will never see us working at the local WalMart or KFC. We usually have college degrees in a respectable field, and make a solid income. But, we also apply our ethics to our relationships, too. We are patient, understanding, and we do what it takes to make our women feel happy. I know so many Asian guys who spoil their ladies because they do so much for them like cook for them, and help with family matters. On the other hand, I’ve heard lots of stories of lazy white boyfriends who are broke and ask their ladies to cover for them. Really? That’s against our code of honor. Oh, yeah. And we’re hardworking in bed, too. We’ll blow our loads, but we’ll make sure we leave the ladies shakin’ like a washing machine on spin cycle.
2. Generous – Since most Asian men have good solid paying jobs, we don’t sweat the cash. Plus, in Asian culture, we are taught to share what we have. I really admire this about Asian culture because it leads to stronger bonds and a strong sense of community. It’s in stark contrast to the American ideals of ME ME ME and TAKE TAKE TAKE. No, on dates we do the driving, and we often treat our queens to dinner and movies and cocktails. Also, we’re generous with our time, and really listen to our ladies. Some SAMs insist on buying lavish gifts for their ladies, but I ain’t down with that since you can’t buy love. I know a guy who got his lady an iPhone because she lost her phone. A little too generous in my opinion.
3. Responsible – This doesn’t sound sexy, but hold on and listen. It means we’re not flaky. When we set a date, we’ll be there and on time. We won’t cancel last minute or forget because you are worth it, ladies. We’ll plan things around the date so we can give you all the attention you deserve. Forgetting or canceling shows that you have little respect for other peoples’ feelings or time. This leads to other people not taking you seriously, or your word. No, Asian guys have a sense of honor in that respect, and if we agree to something, it is a promise.
4. Well-groomed and clean – Yep, Asian guys are clean, and I can’t say the same for white guys. I’ve had so many white friends who were slobs in college. Their rooms looked straight out of the show HOARDERS. They never washed the dishes, they didn’t launder their clothes, and they didn’t shave or wash up regularly. When Asian men go out on a date, we iron our shirts, wash up, wear cologne, and even get a haircut sometimes. We clean out our car, and make sure it smells really nice in there. If we’re bringin’ the ladies home, the night before we got our yellow rubber gloves and scrub every nook and cranny! We’ll vacuum the place, wash the sheets, and sweep the toilet floor so there aren’t any pubes lying around. The toilet will be spotless, disinfected, and the water will be blue. These are the sort of things a lot of SAMs do behind the scenes which don’t get noticed. But, believe you me, if you compare that to the white dudes who’ve got black moldy toilets and ketchup stains on their t-shirts, you will.
5. Empathetic – Hey, guys are guys, and sometimes we can’t understand what women are thinking. But, if you’re observant and pay attention to the ladies, you can catch the cues and figure out what they are thinking. Asian men are much better at this than Caucasians for sure. No doubt. End of story. Asian culture and family values teach group harmony, and this requires you to empathize with others, and read people’s emotions oftentimes with few clues. Here in the states, people really are clueless unless you explicitly tell them what you are thinking. For Asians, we can just tell when the ladies want to talk, or want attention, or if something is wrong. We’re good in relationships since we are sensitive to these things. Ladies, we will feel your pain and do what we can to alleviate it. It’s just what we do.
So, ladies, try dating some Asian bachelors if you want to experience a solid relationship without the bullshit and drama. There are a lot of hot Asian guys out there with these great traits. The secret is out.
- The reasons Asian women have told me why they won’t date SAM’s
- “I don’t want to date Asian men because they remind me of my brother”…???!?!?!
- Asian actresses I hate and the stupid reasons why
- SAM Asian Man Lessons: Cockblock 101
- Why are Asian women more open to dating/marrying non-Asian than Asian men?
- What do you have to offer her, SAM?
- Whatever you do, DON’T LIVE A LIFE OF REGRET, SAM.
- SAM says “I only date to get married.”