I’ve seen it so many times when an American is offered foreign food, or when someone mentions something they don’t like. Look, everyone has a right to dislike something, and I know to a certain extent it’s a reaction. But, it’s rude to make the yuck face period, and as an adult you should practice self-control and not do it, especially around strangers or when you are in a foreign country. I felt embarrassed so many times in Japan when an American colleague would make the yuck face at someone who offered them something different and refused to try. So immature and wrong. It’s fine to say no to an offer of food, but I think it’s rude to make the face. To me, the face says, “Gross! I can’t believe you eat that shit!”
Self-centered as many Americans are, they seem to think it’s the food’s fault when they don’t like the taste. The fact that many people like the foods you dislikes means that it’s something about YOU that doesn’t mix with the food. Honestly, I think it’s a result of bad parenting. Parents need to expose kids to lots of different foods and cultures, and teach kids to be polite when they come across food they don’t like. Of course, your food habits are often inherited from your parents, and if they were eating nothing but hot dogs and hamburgers and crap food, you probably weren’t exposed to various flavors, and have a retarded palate. Yes, your tongue is retarded. I remember seeing a documentary on Marilyn Manson going to Tokyo. He went searching for a McDonald’s because he didn’t want to try anything new. Unbelievable considering all the great food that is in Tokyo. For a guy who wants to be outrageous and cutting edge, his eating habits were so tame and backward.
As a rule, I think you should try everything before you reject it. There’s some great foods out there. I found a delicious salumi deli that made great beef tongue salami sandwiches. Blood sausage, sea urchin, octopus, fishheads, intestines, chicken feet, etc… Learn to love it. If you can’t, just smile and say no thanks.
- White people love to make fun of Asian People
- Stupid questions White people ask because I’m Asian…
- Why do white people think Asians love taking pictures?
- White person please! Don’t recommend a sushi restaurant to a Japanese!
- Asians age better than white people
- Just because one makes fun of white people, are they anti-white or white-bashing?
- Is it true that Asian guys really smell like garlic?
- Japanese may kill whales, but white people destroy oceans!
- Hot dog? Please! I’d rather have Japanese skewers or Korean BBQ at these street food vendors
- Miley Cyrus makes fun of Asian people