Have you seen Whale Wars, the TV show? It sensationalizes the situation and makes Japanese whalers seem like demons. I’m not saying it’s right for Japanese to overfish whales or any other resources from the sea. You have to be responsible, and not wipe out animals. But, just as the Native Americans revere and respect what they kill and eat, so do the Japanese. They really do respect what they catch, and eat with respect and thanks. In Japan, they say ‘Itadakimasu’ before they eat a meal. It means ‘I am receiving’, and thanks both the farmers/fishermen who brought the catch, as well as meaning that they are receiving the soul of the animal/plant. Shinto belief is that all things in nature have a soul.
Now, compare that to what the greedy American corporation has done in the Gulf. They have spilled thousands of barrels of oil into the ocean, killing EVERYTHING in that area: plants, animals, fish, and the environment. Just imagine how long it will take the environment to recuperate. Imagine the millions and billions of fish and plants that have died, including birds from the sky. The ocean and the air are one. What is ironic is that these oil companies weren’t interested in the ocean at all. They were only interested in oil and money.
Again, I’m not saying the whalers are right, but I do believe that it’s much more overblown than what these bastards in the Gulf have done.
- Why is that Japanese guy playing a Korean character in that movie?
- White person please! Don’t recommend a sushi restaurant to a Japanese!
- White people love to make fun of Asian People
- Stupid questions White people ask because I’m Asian…
- Many Japanese girls marry Americans
- Just because one makes fun of white people, are they anti-white or white-bashing?
- Japanese Porn: Bukkakes, Eels, Squids, and a cup in the middle…
- Why do white people think Asians love taking pictures?
- Asians age better than white people
- The Asian Bath Towel: How do White people wash their backs?